PAID INTERNSHIPS AS A GATEWAY TO EMPLOYMENT FOR XAVIER UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES.
This initiative is co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy and the U.S. Department of Defense, with support from other federal agencies. This program is presented as a collaboration with Xavier Learning Assistance Center, Veteran Affairs Office and Xavier Career Development Office.
The Federal Workforce Recruitment Program (FWRP) is a government-sponsored initiative that connects college students and recent graduates with disabilities to full-time paid summer internships with federal employers nationwide. The program is co-sponsored by the Office of Disability Employment Policy under the Department of Labor, the Department of Defense and about 20 other federal agencies. You can learn more about the Federal Workforce Recruitment program by visiting www.wrp.gov.
- Full-time, PAID internships
- Sharpen interview skills
- Marketable employment experience to add to college resume
- Opportunities to market skills to potential employers nationwide
- A supportive work environment to develop skills for future employment
- Have a disability AND
- Be a U.S.citizen AND
- Be enrolled at Xavier on a substantially full-time basis (unless the severity of the disability precludes the student from taking a substantially full-time load) to seek a degree with sophomore, junior or senior standing OR
- Have graduated from Xavier within the past year.
Please contact Jonika Moore-Diggs in the Career Development Office to express your interest in the program. You must set up a meeting with Jonika Moore-Diggs prior to being accepted into the program. DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR 2012-2013 PROGRAM IS OCTOBER 17!