Resumes and Cover Letters
There are a number of documents you will need to create and update as you undergo the job and internship search process including:
- Cover Letters
- Thank You Notes
- Accepting an Offer Letter
- Declining an Offer Letter
- And more
The Job & Internship Search Guide will provide you information you need to create these important, professional documents. This resource also provides samples to give you ideas on how to create and format your materials.
- Meeting with a career coach to edit your professional documents is highly encouraged. Your Xavier University career counselor can help you highlight your experiences, find mistakes, and offer suggestions for improved formatting on your job search marketing materials.
- These documents should always have a professional, formal tone.
- If you are sending your professional correspondence in hard copy format, use high-quality "resume" paper in white or cream.
- All documents should be error free.
- You may post and store all of your professional documents in eRecruiting. For instructions on how to upload your documents and even post your resume to a resume book, check out the Student Quick Start Guide (PDF). Alumni may also request access to eRecruiting.