On-Campus Student Employment Fair
Only students with a Federal Work Study or University Employment award are eligible to attend this Fair*. At the Fair, you will have an opportunity to meet and discuss positions with Xavier departmental supervisors as well as with off-campus Community Service Job Program (CSJP)** organizations. After the Virtual Fair, View List of Participating Employers and the Positions Available that will be represented at the On-Campus Fair.
August 21, 2017 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at the Cintas Center.
Check-in starts at 2:00, come early.
Prepare for the On-Campus Fair
- Complete the Student Work Availability Form. Employers will want to see this. Once you've completed the form, save the file for multiple uses (upload to Hire-A-Muskie, e-mail and/or print copies).
Arrive early, the Fair begins at 3:00 p.m. and students may check in as early as 2:00 p.m.
Business casual dress is appropriate (khaki pants and nice polo shirt or blouse).
Be prepared to introduce yourself and talk with employers
- View List of Participating Employers and the Positions Available
Bring With You to the On-Campus Fair:
- Your Xavier ALL Card
- Copies of Your Resume (not required but encouraged)
- Copies of Your Student Work Availability Form (and class schedule)
- If hired, you will be required to complete new hire paperwork prior to starting work. There will be an opportunity to do this at the Fair and is strongly encouraged. Bring with you government acceptable original ID, bank account information and know the # of exemptions to claim on tax forms to complete this paperwork. View the details!
How the On-Campus Student Employment Fair will work:
- Eligible students will attend the Fair anytime between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 21, 2017 to visit Employer tables to learn about positions they are interested in. Check-in begins at 2:00 p.m. Students should be prepared to interview with supervisors when they visit employer tables.
- Some employers will hire on the spot at the Fair, others may collect student information and contact students after the Fair to interview and make offers.