Only incoming first year students with a Federal Work Study or University Employment award are eligible to attend this Fair*. At the Fair, you will have an opportunity to meet and discuss positions with Xavier departmental supervisors and off-campus community service supervisors.
- The 2016 On-Campus Student Employment Fair will be held on
August 22, 2016 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at the Cintas Center.
- View Current Listing of Employers Participating and the Positions Available at the Fair (Available in August 2016).
How the On-Campus Student Employment Fair will work:
- Xavier departments will have a table at the Fair where supervisors will be available to meet with students interested in learning more about their department and open position(s).
- Eligible students will attend the Fair anytime between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 22, 2016 to visit Employer tables to learn about positions they are interested in. Students should be prepared to interview with supervisors when they visit their table.
- Some employers will hire on the spot at the Fair, others may collect student information and contact students after the Fair to interview and make offers.
- If hired, you will be required to complete new hire paperwork prior to starting work. There will be an opportunity to do this at the Fair. You will need to bring with you eligible original ID with you to campus to complete this paperwork. View what you will need to bring with you to campus.
Quick tips for the Employment Fair:
- Arrive early
- Bring your ALL Card
- Prepare your resume and bring copies to the Fair. (View a sample first year student resume.)
- Bring your class schedule to share your availability with supervisors
- Meet with department supervisors
- Dress nicely, business casual dress is appropriate (khaki pants and nice polo shirt or blouse)