The Xavier University Mentor Program connects students with leading executives and career professionals to network and establish connections in the professional world. The program offers an innovative approach ensuring students have a viable and effective network of notable professional contacts assisting them in their career endeavors.
In 2013, the Williams College of Business Executive Mentor Program (established in 2003) merged with the Career Services Center Xavier Mentoring Program (established in 2008) to form the Xavier University Mentor Program. This program is now affiliated with the Career Development Office.
Goals and Objectives
- To equip the student with the insight and tools to make informed and ethical career decisions.
- To confirm the student's chosen degree and identify career paths.
- To groom the student into a confident graduate with exceptional leadership, teamwork, creative thinking, and interpersonal skills through coaching and feedback.
- To provide a source of advice on personal growth, academics, mission and career options.
- To provide a forum for the observation, practice and mastery of professional networking skills.
- To assist the student in identifying and pursuing employment opportunities related to their degree.
Some of the goals and objectives of the program may be achieved by carefully laid out plans; while others will surprisingly occur as a result of one event.