Faculty & Staff: Requesting Presentations to Classes and Groups
Our professional staff members are happy to share their expertise on career topics as well as information about the Career Development Office's resources with your students. Presentation length can run from a 30-minute overview of our services (shortened if necessary) to hour-long workshops on topics such as careers related to specific majors, resume writing, interviewing, job search correspondence, job search strategies, portfolio preparation, networking and informational interviewing, conducting an out-of-town job search and getting career-related experience. We can customize presentations to your needs as well.
To request a presentation:
- Please submit your request at least 10 business days in advance to ensure the likelihood of a staff member being available to meet your needs. We cannot always accommodate requests on short notice because of the demands of previously scheduled programs, classes, and appointments. Our staff tends to be less available at the beginning of the semester when these demands are more intense.
- E-mail your request for a career presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outline the topic(s) you would like us to present.
- Specify preferred day(s), date(s), start and end times, and location.
- Describe the size and makeup (undergraduate, graduate, class levels, majors) of your class or group.
- Provide us with contact information: e-mail address and phone number(s).
- The staff member who can meet your request will contact you to discuss the details.