Scholarships and Financial Aid
Grants and scholarships are awarded to CAPS and Weekend Degree Program students who demonstrate financial need and good scholarship.
- Must be admitted to a degree program.
- Generally only for students who receive no other financial aid awards.
- Awards range between $500 and $1,000 per semester based on:
- credit hours enrolled
- cumulative grade point average
- number of other students requesting aid
To be eligible for a CAPS (part-time students only) or Weekend Degree Program grant:
Students must file the FAFSA.
- After Xavier’s Financial Aid Office receives notice that the FAFSA has been filed, they send a request by email to the student, asking for the student’s enrollment plan. In the enrollment plan the student indicates how many credit hours s/he plans to take during each semester of the academic year. The student must return this enrollment plan to the Office of Financial Aid.
Full-time CAPS students (not eligible for CAPS grants) must fill out a FAFSA and enrollment plan to receive merit grants and need-based grants through the Office of Financial Aid.
If you have questions, please feel free to call the CAPS office or your financial aid counselor.
At Xavier, we're committed to providing you with a high-quality education at a reasonable cost. We offer a range of resources, from grants to loans, employment and assistantships, and even financing plans. We can help you afford the education you want and deserve.
*Please note that these scholarships and awards do not apply to students enrolled in the Weekend Degree Program.