Xavier Leadership Center Certificate Programs Qualify for Economic Stimulus Funds
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, signed by President Obama, provides a
total of $138 million for Ohio to assist an estimated 20,000 adults, youth and dislocated
workers with job training, job search assistance and other employment services. Of the funds being distributed, $19.9 million will support services for adults and $35.1 million for dislocated workers.*
The Xavier Leadership Center (XLC) offers several certificate programs that respond to the current economic crisis and qualify for Ohio economic stimulus funding. For qualified participants, 100% of the registration fee is covered by economic stimulus funds, with participant materials and examination fees often included.
For adult Ohio residents, this means flexible training accounts for employed workers at imminent risk of
losing their jobs or for displaced workers who require training or certification to find new jobs. The XLC
programs culminate in the required industry-recognized certifications or credentials in demand-driven
occupations and can be completed within the requisite two-year time period.
Qualified XLC programs include:
• Project Management Certificate and PMP Exam Review
• Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt Certificates
• Senior HR Certificate Program
• Business Management Certificate Program
• Executive Certificate in Financial Planning
Many of these programs are available as open enrollment programs at Xavier or can be offered for groups of ten or more employees at employer locations. The Xavier Leadership Center has already successfully offered several of these programs using economic stimulus funds for employed workers at risk of layoff and displaced workers at DHL/ABX Air in Wilmington, OH.**
To start the process as an individual interested in an open enrollment program at Xavier:
- Identify the specific program area of interest by visiting www.xavier.edu/xlc
- Contact Sue Bensman, Director of Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (513) 745-3396 or toll free: 1-800-982-2673, to pre-register.
- Sue will help you with the application process with the State of Ohio for submission and qualification.
To begin the process for you and your employer for ten or more employees at your location:
- Identify the specific program areas of interest for your company by visiting www.xavier.edu/xlc
- Contact Bruce Miller, Managing Partner, email@example.com, phone: (513) 745-3230, for detailed program information.
- Bruce will help facilitate the application process for you and your employer with the State of Ohio for submission and qualification.
The Xavier Leadership Center is speaking with other states about making these programs more widely
Xavier University is a private university located in Cincinnati, Ohio, providing a liberal arts education in the Catholic, Jesuit tradition. Founded in 1831, the university is the sixth-oldest Catholic university in the nation. U.S. News & World Report ranks it No. 2 among master’s-level universities in the Midwest, and The Princeton Review names it as one of the “Best 368 Colleges in America.”
The Xavier Leadership Center is an extension of Xavier University and provides high impact custom programs designed with the expressed intent of helping leaders and their teams solve real problems. The cornerstone to our approach is “facilitated learning,” which challenges participants to actively implement the concepts we teach under the guidance of our team, a blend of Xavier professors and experienced business professionals.