The Cincinnatus Association in partnership with Xavier University, Northern Kentucky University and the University of Cincinnati will honor six educators next month as part of an awards ceremony at Xavier’s Cintas Center. The evening will include remarks by Dr. Jim Mahoney, executive director of Battelle for Kids, a Columbus-based nonprofit that specializes the creation and use of effective educational strategies in schools.
The Cincinnatus awards are for educators in the Cincinnati Public Schools. This year’s awards will go to:
• Woodward Trust Distinguished Teacher: Mrs. Maria Lang, English as a Second Language, Grades 7&8, Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies, Cincinnati.
• James N. Jacobs Award – Outstanding CPS Administrator: Mrs. Jessica Shelly, RS, REHS, MBA, food service director
• John E. Pepper Award for Outstanding Volunteer: Mr. Joe Wilmers, Winton Hill Academy
The three universities are jointly presenting the 3C Outstanding Cincinnati USA Teachers awards to teachers selected from three categories: Northern Kentucky, Greater Cincinnati and Catholic schools.
This year’s 3C awards will go to:
• Susan Davies, North Pointe Elementary, Hebron, Ky.
• Stacea McKeever, Arlington Heights Academy, Arlington Heights, Ohio.
• Collen Egan Frank, Saint Ursula Academy, Cincinnati, Ohio
The six awards will be presented on Tuesday, Feb. 8, as part of a dinner at Xavier’s Cintas Center Banquet Room. The event begins at 6 p.m. with a reception, followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m., with the awards and a program to follow.
For tickets and reservations, RSVP by Monday, January 31 to Xavier’s Office of Special Events at 513-745-3571 or by email to email@example.com. The cost is $35.
For additional information, contact Jane Keller, chair, Cincinnatus Education Committee at 513.475.4195 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.