Those uncertain what career to choose, but who enjoy serving others are invited to attend a FREE Careers in Aging panel presentation on Monday, Feb. 11 4:30-6:00 p.m. in Xavier University’s Gallagher Student Center Theatre.
Xavier’s College of Social Sciences, Health, and Education is hosting the presentation with professionals from varied careers that engage older adults, including:
• Ms. Jennifer Wessel, community representative with Life Enriching Communities who will speak about Long Term Care administration and marketing
• Dr. Susan Shrimpf-Davis, adjunct assistant professor of Clinical Family Medicine in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Cincinnati
• Ms. Julia Meister, partner in law firm of Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP in the Litigation, Health and Life Sciences, and Private Client practice groups
• Dr. Jerome Gabis, psychologist with Legacy Psychological Services
• Ms. Tracey Collins, executive director of Cincinnati Area Senior Services (CASS) who will speak about her career as a social worker
• Ms. Deborah Tyler, director of Rehabilitation at Cedar Village about occupational therapy
• Ms. Mary Duennes, RN, BSN,MA, parish nurse with Good Samaritan Hospital
• Ms. Cathy Beumer, RNC, CNS, palliative care nurse with the Jewish Hospital
This event is offered free of charge. Students at all levels of education, including high school, community college, and university levels are encouraged to attend. Others who may be considering a career change are also encouraged to attend.