The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Xavier open the MedCon Medical Device Conference this week at the Cintas Center on Xavier’s campus. MedCon is a global conference that brings in experts from around the world to address the most pressing issues facing the healthcare industry today.
From Wednesday, May 2, through Friday, May 4, MedCon speakers are addressing such topics as implementing proposed 510(k) changes, implementing effective corrective action (CAPA) systems, establishing global regulatory strategy, and balancing innovation with regulation and cost. The conference provides a chance to engage the foremost thought-leaders on healthcare issues that matter.
The inaugural conference held last year involved more than 300 attendees from nine countries and 23 states representing 134 companies. Leading FDA officials, industry CEOs, congressional representatives, and global industry experts attending this year as featured speakers and their topics include:
• Dr. Jeffrey Shuren, FDA Director of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Medical Device Innovation Initiative.
• Steve Silverman, FDA Director of the Office of Compliance, Compliance Initiatives.
• Kim Trautman, FDA Associate Director of International Affairs, Inspectional Update—What’s New.
• Gina Brackett, FDA Compliance Officer, Cincinnati District, GHTF Document on CAPA-Workshop.
• Kem Hawkins, President, Cook Group Incorporated, The Big Picture.
To learn more or to register, visit the conference website.