The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Xavier University present MedCon, the global medical device conference, May 1-4 at Xavier University.
MedCon is an opportunity for experts from around the world to meet and learn. World-renowned speakers address the most pressing issues faced by the industry and foster deep discussion. Last year, more than 300 attendees traveled from 9 countries and 23 states, representing 134 companies.
Leading FDA officials, industry CEOs, congressional representatives, and global industry experts attending this year include:
• Dr. Jeffrey Shuren: FDA Director, Center for Device and Radiological Health
• Kem Hawkins: President, Cook Group Inc.
• Keith Flanagan: U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee
• Jack Kraeutler: CEO, Meridian Bioscience
• Steve Silverman: FDA Director, Office of Compliance
• Kim Trautman: FDA Associate Director, International Affairs
• Monica Wilkins: Divisional Vice President, Abbott
• Gina Brackett: FDA, Compliance Officer, Cincinnati District
• Phil Phillips: President, Phillips Consulting LLC
• Mark Duval: President, Duval and Associates
For 2.5 days, MedCon addresses topics such as the how to implement proposed 510(k) changes, implement effective CAPA systems, establish global regulatory strategy, and balance innovation with regulation and cost. The conference provides a chance to engage the foremost thought-leaders on issues that matter.