Xavier University’s Student Activities Council is bringing pop singer Mike Posner to the Evanston campus’ Cintas Center on Saturday, October 29 at 7:30 pm. Doors will open at 6:30 pm.
Floor tickets will be $25 each for the general public and $15 for Xavier students. Lower bowl seating will be $20 each for the public and $10 for Xavier students. Upper bowl seats are $15 each for the public and $10 for Xavier students. Xavier student tickets can be purchased beginning Tuesday, August 30 through www.goxavier.com. General public can purchase tickets beginning Monday, September 12 through www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets may also be purchased in person at the Cintas Center Box Office.
Mike Posner is best known for his 2011 hit single “Bow Chicka Wow Wow” (featuring Lil Wayne) and his 2010 hit singles “Please Don’t Go” and “Cooler Than Me.” His first studio album, “31 Minutes to Takeoff,” peaked in the top 10 on the US charts and two of his singles (Please Don’t Go and Cooler Than Me) have both been certified Platinum in the US.
Mike Posner started making beats and networking with other musicians via Internet message boards when he was 13 years old. A native of Southfield, Michigan, it wasn’t until Posner was a senior at Duke University, majoring in Sociology and Business, when Mike started writing, producing and recording tracks on his debut mixtape, A Matter of Time. In March of 2009, the mixtape hit the web sparking a months-long label bidding war when J Records emerged as the victor. His debut album, 31 Minutes to Takeoff, was released in August 2010.
For many years, Xavier University’s Student Activities Council has presented top entertainers on campus for the enjoyment of students and the general community, most recently including: B.o.B., Talib Kweli, Jack’s Mannequin, Jason Mraz and Ben Folds. With questions, please contact Dustin Lewis, Assistant Director of Student Involvement, at LewisD6@xavier.edu.
The following house rules apply to all events held in the Cintas Center:
• Guests will abide by lawful directions from authorized Center representatives.
• No smoking is permitted inside the facility.
• Food/beverages may not be brought into nor alcoholic beverages taken from the Center.
• No firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted inside the Center.
• No amplification or pyrotechnic device may be brought into the Center.
• No illegal drugs or other contraband are permitted in the Center.
• All bags are subject to search.
• Taping and photography require prior approval from a Center representative.