Edgecliff was known as Our Lady of Cincinnati College when it was founded in 1935 by the Sisters of Mercy as a women’s liberal arts college. The institution changed names in the 1960s, went co-ed in the 1970s and ferried four programs down Victory Parkway to Xavier in 1980: music, art, social work and nursing.
A scholarship program, called the Edgecliff Scholarship Endowment Fund, was created to provide student aid to relatives and descendants of Edgecliff alumni attending Xavier.
In 1987 there were just two Edgecliff Scholars. This year 47 scholars were awarded more than $93,500 in grants. An annual Edgecliff fund drive raises monies for these awards, as do special fundraising events during the year, gifts and requests.