- Five Masses are being celebrated on Ash Wednesday, at 8:00 a.m., noon, 5:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Ashes are being distributed at all Masses.
- The Xavier inaugural choir and schola cantorum are conducting a choral evensong on Tuesday, March 16 at 8:00 p.m. in Bellarmine Chapel. The Unceasing Love theme includes music by Allegri, Casals, Orban, Paulus and Torres.
- Campus ministry is holding an evening prayer with reconciliation and healing service on Wednesday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m. in Bellarmine Chapel.
- Ignatian programs are hosting three lunchtime programs on spirituality in the arts. The programs are:
- Bellarmine Chapel parishioners who are members of the Universitys department of theology are featured in a series of talks every Monday evening during Lent at 7:30 p.m. in the chapel. The talks are:
- The Cincinnati chapter of the national alumni association is hosting a Lenten dinner and lecture on Friday, April 2 at 6:00 p.m. in the Conaton Board Room in Schmidt Hall. The lecture is being given by Sr. John Mariam Jones on A Celtic Spirit. Cost of the dinner and lecture is $20. Seating is limited. For reservations, call 513 745-3333.
- Bellarmine Chapel has special Masses on Holy Thursday, April 8, at 8:00 p.m.; Good Friday, April 9, at 8:00 p.m.; Easter Saturday, April 10, at 9:00 p.m.; and Easter Sunday, April 11, at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- On Friday, March 12, on the first floor of the McDonald Library, artist David Camele addresses the distinct crosses he created that now decorate all University classrooms and how they influence his work.
- On Friday, March 19, in room 224 of the Gallagher Student Center, assistant registrar Laura Ruwe presents a slide show highlighting spirituality in objects at the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- On Friday, March 26, in the Schiff Family Conference Center, students produce a performance piece based on a contemporary issue of justice and social equality.
All programs are from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Soup and bread are provided at each of the programs. Attendance is by reservation only. Call Rebecca Schroer at 513 745-3204 to RSVP.
- March 1, Joe Bracken, S.J., talks on Devine and Human Creativity: Where Good and Evil Converge and Divide.
- March 8, Leo Kline, S.J., talks on Liturgical Reform of Vatican II: Forty Years Later: A Second Look.
- March 15, Gillian Ahlgren, talks on Ontology of Intimacy: A Holistic Christian Approach to Realtionality.
- March 22, Brennan Hill, talks on The Passion Stories.
- March 29, Marie Giblin, talks on The Ethics of Death and Dying.
- April 5, Paul Knitter talks on Following Christ in a World of Many Religions.
For more information about the content of these presentations, visit the Bellarmine Chapel web site.