Please see if the answer to your question is listed below. You can also try searching ALL of the FAQs by clicking the 'Search' button below. If you still can't find the answer you are looking for, 'Ask a question.'
- At what age may my child enroll?
- Is there an application fee?
- When does the enrollment process take place?
- What are the criteria for acceptance?
- What is tuition for 2013-2014?
- What is required of the parents before the application process begins?
- What are the school hours?
- Is there a bus service for the children?
- Do children bring their lunch?
- Are scholarships available?
- Is Child Care available before and after school?
- Is Child Care included in the tuition costs?
- Q:At what age may my child enroll?
The Xavier Montessori Lab School offers programs for children between the ages of three and twelve. Children should be three years old by September 1st and must be toilet trained.
- Q:Is there an application fee?
A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 payable to Xavier University Montessori Lab School is required with the application.
- Q:When does the enrollment process take place?
Interviews are scheduled in February for enrollment for the following year. They are scheduled in chronological order according to the date of application and payment of application fee.
- Q:What are the criteria for acceptance?
Acceptance is based on consideration to the classroom community. Children are accepted until all openings are filled. During the application process, each prospective pupil, along with his/her parents, is required to visit and be interviewed by a school staff member.
- Q:What is tuition for 2013-2014?
Preprimary $4,395.00/year, Kindergarten $5,130.00/year, Elementary I $4,760.00/year, Elementary II $6,443.00.
- Q:What is required of the parents before the application process begins?
It is mandatory that parents of the children observe the Lab School before the application process begins. We ask that young children not attend the observation.
- Q:What are the school hours?
The Preprimary class meets from 9-noon, five days a week. The extended-day Kindergarten meets from 9-3 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9-noon on Friday. The Elementary I class meets from 9-3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Elementary II class meets from 9-3 p.m.
- Q:Is there a bus service for the children?
Yellow Bus Service is not available to children who reside within the Cincinnati Public School district. Class lists are provided by the school, so that those desiring to form car pools may do so.
- Q:Do children bring their lunch?
Parents of preprimary children are asked to provide a healthy and nutritious snack on a rotating basis. Kindergarten and Elementary I & II children bring their own lunches. The Montessori Lab School is a nut free community and is sensitive to the allergies of its students.
- Q:Are scholarships available?
Limited scholarship assistance is available in the form of tuition reduction and is based on the financial need of the family.
- Q:Is Child Care available before and after school?
Yes. Child Care is available to all children enrolled in the Montessori Lab School. It may be used on a part-time and full-time basis and should be coordinated with the Childcare Director. Registration forms are distributed once the child has been accepted into the program.
- Q:Is Child Care included in the tuition costs?
No. There is an additional charge. Depending on usage, rates may extend from $6.50-$9.00.
The Child Care program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Human Services, and is directed by an adult teacher with staff assistance from college students who are enrolled in the Montessori Teacher Education Program. The children remain on the school premises for this program and are provided a wide range of activities that correlate with the Montessori curriculum.