- MA - Communication Studies (Missouri State University)
- BA - Speech Communication / Public Relations (Northern Kentucky University)
- 2012-present: Associate Director, Office of Student Involvement (Xavier University)
- 2010-2012: Assistant Director, Office of Student Involvement (Xavier University)
- 2007-2010: Program Advisor, Office of Student Programs & Activities (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- 2005-2007: Graduate Assistant for Programs, Office of Student Engagement (Missouri State University)
Awards, Honors, & Certifications:
- 2011 National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) Campus Diversity Program Award
- 2011 Jesuit Assocation of Student Personnel Administrators (JASPA) Outstanding Campus Program Award
- 2011-2013 NACA National Block Booking Coordinator
- 2010 NACA Mid America Region Outstanding New Professional Award
First Year at Xavier University:
Student Programming, Campus Activities, Student Clubs & Organizations, Student Governance, Diversity Programs, LGBT-related work
Student Activities Council,
Dustin is a native of Southwest Missouri and moved to the Greater Cincinnati area where he attended Northern Kentucky University and earned his bachelor's degree in speech communication with a concentration in public relations. At NKU, he got involved as a first year student in the Freshman Service Leadership Committee and Activities Programming Board. Throughout his college career, Dustin was active in the Norse Leadership Society, Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, Northern Kentucky Leadership Institute, InterFraternal Council, Greek Activities Programming Board, Student Government Association, Homecoming Committee and Welcome Week Committee. Dustin also worked as an intern in the Office of Admissions and as a Resident Assistant.
Dustin attended graduate school at Missouri State University where he earned his master's degree in communication studies with an emphasis in interpersonal communication. During his grad career, Dustin worked in the Office of Student Engagement (then Student Activities) where he advised several committees on the Student Activities Council and served as coordinator of the Student Homecoming Committee. Dustin also held roles on the Hispanic Heritage, Welcome Week, University Homecoming, and Gay & Lesbian History Month Committees.
After grad school, Dustin moved to Champaign, IL to work for the University of Illinois as a Program Advisor for the Illini Union Board. At Illinois, he directly advised a broad variety of programming areas ranging from art gallery management to weekend and late night entertainment series, on-stage musical productions, multicultural and cross-cultural programming, women's programming, LGBT programming, homecoming events, green initiatives, campus-wide lectures and the production of the campus student planner. Dustin also provided resources and support to the nearly 1,200 registered student organizations, including managing the student organization resource center and office space.
Ready for more growth and opportunities, Dustin joined the Xavier family in August 2010 and has thoroughly enjoyed working with Student Government Association, Student Senate, and Student Activities Council as well as all of our recognized student organizations.