- Creighton University
- University of Montana
- Montana State University-Northern
- Montana State University
- Coaching: University of Iowa, Wright State University, Montana Tech, Montana State-Northern
- Lee, D., Schoenstedt, L. J. (2011). “Comparison of eSports and Traditional Sports Consumption Motives”. International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport, and Dance (ICHPER-SD) Journal of Research. 6 (2).
- Schoenstedt, L.J., “Option Blocking”: Championship Books and Video Productions, Ames, IA., 1995-2011. Currently in “video for sale” circulation from several sources including: http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,CBV-VV-351.html.
- Knestrict, T. and Schoenstedt (Schoensteadt), L. 2005. “Teaching Social Register and Code Shifting Directly in the Classroom: A Case study in Social Skills Instruction for Children in Poverty”. Journal of Children and Poverty. 11(2). New York, NY.
- Vickers, B. & Schoenstedt, L.J. (2010). “Identity Formation throughout Varying Levels of Coaching Expertise”. Sports Science Review, Vol. XIX, No. 5-6, 209-230.
- Lee, D., Cianfrone, B. A., Byon, K. K., & Schoenstedt, L. (2010). An examination of the relationships among personal values, team identification, product involvement, product attributes, and purchase intention of licensed team merchandise. International Journal of Sport Management, 11, 517-540.
- Schoenstedt, L.J. & Reau, J. (2010). “Running a Social Media Newsroom: A Case Study of the 2009 Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon”. International Journal of Sports Communication”, 3 (3), 377-386.
- Vickers, B. & Schoenstedt, L.J. (2011). “Coaching Development Methods”. Strategies. 24(4), 14-19.
Awards, Honors, & Certifications:
- Big Ten Coach of the Year, 1995
- Wright State Coach of the Year, 1991
First Year at Xavier University:
Coaching, Social Media, Sport Consumerism and Spectatorship, Ethics & Diversity in Sport
Coaching Standardization, Social Media Marketing in Sport, Ethics & Diversity in Sport
Born in Joliet, Illinois, Dr. Schoenstedt has been involved in several areas of the sport industry as a coach, athletic director, facility manager, and volunteer for several events and organizations within the sport industry all over the country. She has been a professor in Sport Management for seven years and recently came to Xavier University in 2010. Dr. Schoenstedt has been named Big Ten Volleyball Coach of the Year, worked with the USA National and Olympic Volleyball Teams, posted from the Beijing Olympics using Social Media and volunteers in the community at various events and non-profit organizations. She has served on the National Sports Steering Committee for NASPE and AAHPERD, taught Sport Ethics for Ohio University, and is an associate editor for Sagamore Publishing. Her research interests include Coaching Education, Social Media in Sport, Sport Spectatorship and Consumerism, and Gender Issues in Sport. Dr. S has two children and resides on the westside of Cincinnati.