Ph.D. and M.A. Loyola University Chicago
B.A. Pennsylvania State University
Roman history and historiography, silver age Latin literature, Roman philosophy, ancient politics and ideology, the music and poetry of Bob Dylan, the classical tradition and the African-American experience
Works in Progress
- "Beatos quondam duces Romanos: Tacitus on the Loss of Military Libertas under the Principate."
- Memory's Vengeance: Libertas and the Political Thought of Tacitus.
- "Offending the Ears of the Powerful: Tacitus' Dialogus as a Guide to Political Speech." Forthcoming in Mnemosyne.
- "Achilles in the Alleyway: Bob Dylan and Classical Poetry and Myth." Forthcoming in Arion.
Recent and Upcoming Talks
- "Political Revolutions and the Mistreatment of Women: Tacitus on Livia and Augustus."
CAMWS: Minneapolis, MN 4/2009.
- "Dancing beneath the Diamond Sky: Dylan and Dionysus."
Chicago Classical Club: Chicago, IL 2/2008
- "Temporary Like Aeneas: Bob Dylan and the Classics."
CAMWS: Cincinnati, OH 4/2007
- Latin Composition
- The Letters of Pliny the Younger
- Greek Civilization: From Homer to Plato