- Currently pursuing Doctorate in Higher Education Administration, The University of Alabama, ABD
- MEd Human Resources Development (Organizational Leadership and Effectiveness) Xavier University 2000
- BA Communication Arts (Electronic Media), Xavier University 1998
- 2015 - Present, Xavier University, Assistant Vice President for Marketing & Communications
- 2010 - 2015, Xavier University, Executive Director for University Communications
- 2005 - 2010, Xavier University, Director for Web Services
- 1998 - 2005, Xavier University, Office of Admission
- AJCU Marketing and Communications Leadership Summit 2016: Conference Chair, Xavier University
- AJCU Marketing and Communications Leadership Summit 2015: Creating a marketing dashboard, Loyola MD
- AJCU Marketing and Communications Leadership Summit 2014: Leveraging the Jesuit brand and Jesuit Pope. With Dr. Michael Murphy, Loyola Chicago.
- CASE 2014: Faculty member for the Summer Institute in Communications & Marketing
- HighEdWeb 2013: Leadership Academy, faculty, Buffalo, New York
- Data Driven Community Partners 2013: Building Community Connections through Neighborhood Asset-Mapping, Columbus, Ohio
- Educause MIdwest Regional Forum 2012: Making a Difference on Campus and Beyond
- HighEdWeb 2012: Leadership Academy, faculty, Milwaukee, WI
- HighEdWeb 2011: Web Manager's Leadership Academy - Inaugural workshop, Austin, TX
- NACAC 2008: The Road to Xavier: A Communication, Information and Social Networking Tool
- Educause 2007: Xavier University's Web 2.0 Strategy: The Virtual Learning Commons
- HighEdWeb 2007: Making the Case for Resources for Web Services
Awards, Honors, & Certifications:
- 2014 Graduate of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities Ignitian Colleagues Program
- 2013 Cincinnati Chief Marketing Officers roundtable, sponsored by Cincinnati AMA and Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- 2010 President's Award for Excellence, Xavier University
- 2007 Graduate of the Frye Institute (now Leading Change Institute at Emory University
First Year at Xavier University:
I'm proud to serve my alma mater as Xavier University's first Assistant Vice President for Marketing & Communications.
The Office of Marketing & Communications was formed in the Fall of 2010 to strategically create and lead Xavier's comprehensive marketing and communication platform. We provide creative, integrated solutions that incorporate the most current multimedia technology and traditional print services. Our very talented team of professionals includes writers, designers, photographers, public relations experts, web professionals, video creators, and social media specialists.
Prior to this role, I served as Xavier University's Director of Web Services from 2005 - 2010. In 2009, the Web Services team was presented with the Grand Gold award from CASE (Council for the Advancement and Support of Education) during their annual Circle of Excellence Awards for Xavier University's strategic enrollment web site for accepted students, The Road to Xavier. It was the first Grand Gold award presented in the ten year history of CASE's web category. While the award was certainly an honor, what was even better was the success of our Enrollment Management team, who, since the development of the project, has continued to bring in the largest and most academically talented classes in Xavier's storied history.
Previous to that, I worked in Xavier's Office of Undergraduate Admission from 1998 - 2005 finishing as the Associate Director for Admission with responsibilities to coordinate systems, processes, communication flow and more.
During my career, I have been an active member in:
- American Marketing Association including my current enrollment on the AMA Cincinnati CMO Roundtable
- Association for Higher Education Web Professionals, serving as the 2010 National Conference Chair of the Association
- Educause, both as a presenter and member of the Program Committee for the 2011 Midwest Regional Conference
- A graduate of the Frye Leadership Institute (now known as the Leading Change Institute) at Emory University, nationally recognized as one of the premier leadership opportunities for preparing and developing the next generation of leaders in information services and higher education.
- National Association for College and Admission Counselors (NACAC) and the Ohio Association of College and Admission Counselors (OACAC) presenting at national and regional conferences and was the recipient of the 2000 New Member Award for those with significant contributions with less than five years of experience in the profession.