- M.L.S. Library Science, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- M.S. Physical Therapy, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- B.S. Biology, Albion college, Albion, Michigan
- Librarian, Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH
- Librarian, St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Youngstown, OH
- Physical Therapist, Sunbeam School, Youngstown, OH
- Physical Therapist, Northside Hospital, Youngstown, OH
- Poggione, M., Davies, A., & Young, V. (2006). Adding value to library instruction: Making room for RefWorks. Presentation delivered at Ohio Digital Commons for Education (ODCE) Conference, Columbus, OH.
- Porter, B., & Poggione, M. (2005). Equal library opportunities: Insights for off-site programs. Poster presentation delivered at EDUCAUSE 2005, Orlando, FL.
- Porter, B., & Poggione, M. (2005). Equal library opportunities: Insights for off-site programs. Presentation delivered at LOEX (Library Orientation Exchange) National Conference, Louisville, KY.
- Carter, K. J., Rinehart, S., Kessler, E., Caccamo, L. P., Ritchey, N. P., Erickson, B. A., Castro, F., & Poggione, M. D. (1996). Quality assurance in anatomic pathology: Automated SNOMED Coding. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 3, 270-272.
- Peck, M. D. (1968). Hip extension forces measured in four positions of the lower extremity. Unpublished master's thesis, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
Awards, Honors, & Certifications:
- Beta Phi Mu
First Year at Xavier University:
Contact Marcia for questions about the library's web site, access to research databases, Scholarly Presentations, Digital Space @ Xavier, RefWorks, and Zotero.
Marcia is the library liaison to the Biology, Environmental Studies, Health Services Administration, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, & Radiologic Technology departments.