Dr. Max Buot
- Associate Professor, Mathematics
- Statistician, Manatee Research
- B.S. Applied Mathematics, Virginia
- M.S.E. Mathematical Sciences, Johns Hopkins
- Ph.D. Statistics, Virginia
Max Buot is an Associate Professor of Mathematics at Xavier University. Prior to his arrival in 2006, he held postdoctoral positions at the National Institute of Statistical Science and Carnegie Mellon University. Dr. Buot has a B.S. in Applied Mathematics and a Ph.D. in Statistics from the University of Virginia. Raised in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., he graduated from the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria, VA.
His scholarly interests include multivariate statistical analysis, algebraic statistics, actuarial science, record linkage, statistics education, and data visualization.