Sandra Richtermeyer, Ph.D, CPA (Colorado), CMA
- Associate Dean, Administration - Williams College of Business
- Associate Dean, College Administration
First Year at Xavier University:
- Ph.D., University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.B.A., University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.S., University of Colorado, Denver
- B.S., University of Wyoming
Awards, Honors, & Certifications:
- Ohio Accounting Educator of the Year - 2013
- Max Block Distinguished Article Award from The CPA Journal - 2011
- Lean Enterprise Institute Educator of the Year - 2011
- American Women's Society of CPAs Educator of the Year - 2011
- One Hundred Wise Women (Deloitte) 2010 & 2012
- Leadership Cincinnati Class of XXXII
- Lybrand Award (Silver) 2006-2007
- Microsoft Business Solutions Pinnacle Award for Excellence - 2003
- Mortar Board Top Prof Award - 1999 & 2000
- Various teaching & research awards from XU and Univ. Wyoming 1998-2008
- AAA Governmental & Nonprofit Section Best Dissertation Award - 1998
Accounting information systems, managerial accounting, nonprofit accounting, corporate governance
Corporate governance, risk management, internal controls, strategic planning
Chair - Department of Accountancy - Xavier University. 2007-2014.
CEO Coach - 2012-present.
Director of Faculty Programs for Mission & Identity - Xavier University. 2013-2014.
Professor of Accountancy - Xavier Unviersity. 2011-present.
Associate Professor of Accountancy - Xavier University. 2004-2010.
Assistant & Associate Professor of Accounting - University of Wyoming. 1997-2004.
Visiting Assistant Professor - University of Colorado at Denver. 2000-2001.
Research Assistant and Doctoral Student - University of Colorado at Boulder. 1993-1997.
Certified Public Accountant - practiced with firms and as a sole practitioner in Denver, Colorado. 1987-1997.
Management accountant in industry. 1985-1987.
Board member - Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO). 2011-present.
Board member - Ohio Society of CPAs Executive Board. 2014-present.
President-Elect - American Accounting Association (AAA) Accounting Program Leaders Group (APLG). 2015-present.
Past President - AAA Ohio Region. 2014-2015.
President - AAA Ohio Region. 2013-3014.
Vice President of Leadership - AAA APLG. 2012-2015.
Board Member - Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting. 2007-2015.
Global Board Member - Institute of Management Accountants 2013-2015 (service as former global chair of the board).
Global Board Chair-Emeritus - IMA. 2011-2012,
Global Board Chair - IMA. 2010-2011.
Global Board Chair Elect - IMA 2009-2010.
Global Board Member and Chair of Member Relations - IMA 2008-2009.
ICMA Board of Regents - 2007-2008.
President (Chair) IMA Foundation for Applied Research (now the IMA Research Foundation). 2004-2006.
IMA Professor-in-Residence - (served the global academic membership of IMA). 2004-2007.
IMA Chair of National Committee on Students and member of Executive Board. 2002-2004.
Trustee - IMA Foundation of Applied Research. 2000-2002.
Leadership roles in IMA Chapter, Council and national committees. 1993-2002.
Board member for several voluntary health and welfare organizations. 1993-present.
Publications appearing in:
The CPA Journal, Management Accounting Quarterly, Cost Management, Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance, Strategic Finance, Journal of Information Systems, International Journal of Information Systems, Journal of Business Research, The Tax Adviser, Human Relations.