Fall Semester 2016: Important Dates
For all registered students, the Fall semester charges have been assessed to your bursar account.
If you intend on enrolling in the X-Flex Payment Plan (there is a $50 enrollment fee each semester), the best time to do this is now. The X-Flex Plan divides your balance into 4 monthly installments for the Fall semester and 4 monthly installments for the Spring semester (3 monthly installments for Summer semester). The X-Flex Payment Plan payments are due on the 1st of every month beginning August 1st for Fall and January 1st for Spring. Payments can always be made earlier.
If you intend to pay your balance in full and not enroll in the X-Flex Payment Plan, then balances are due, in full, on August 1, 2016 and the 1st of every month thereafter. Be sure to check your eBill each month for a balance due as the result of any miscellaneous charges i.e. parking fines, library fines, health center charges, etc. that may be assessed as the semester progresses. By paying in full, this means paying each month in full if a balance exists. That's why it's important to view each eBill.
Fall semester financial aid will be processed the week of August 15th. That means the first refund process for Fall will be processed on Wednesday, August 24th. The Bursar's Office processes refunds each Wednesday for accounts that have a credit balance from the week before. If you haven't enrolled with BankMobile (formerly Higher One) to select your preference for the method of your refund, please do so now at refundselection.com. You can learn more about the process by visiting www.xavier.edu/bursar/How-Refunds-Work.cfm.
Late Fees are assessed on or about the 14th of each month if a payment is late.
VERY IMPORTANT: As we do each Fall semester, an automatic health insurance fee is assessed to pay for the student to be covered by a major medical health insurance policy. This year, the premium for that policy is $2,350. If the student is covered under another policy, this premium can be waived by visiting the website below and entering information that can be obtained from the insurance card most folks carry in their wallet.
If you will be waiving the insurance, please do this soon. It takes 24-48 hours to have the waiver posted to the student's account. The deadline for waiving this premium is September 15th.
VERY IMPORTANT DATES: Xavier goes through a class cancellation process. This year, class cancellation will take place on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 and Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
Here's how it works. If a student was registered for classes prior to July 15th, and received an eBill on July 15th, the Due Date is August 1st. On August 2nd, students who have not paid their balance in full or enrolled in the X-Flex Payment Plan and made the first payment will be notified by email and/or a phone call that they are at risk of having their classes cancelled for the Fall semester. If you receive one of these emails or calls, pay your bill in full or enroll in the X-Flex Payment Plan ($50 enrollment fee per semester) and make your first payment. But if you aren't sure what to do, please contact the Bursar's Office at 513-745-3435 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Wednesday, August 10, 2016, Xavier will cancel classes for those students who have not paid their balance in full or who have not enrolled in the X-Flex Payment Plan and didn't make their 1st payment that would have been due on August 1st.
The second class cancellation will occur on Wednesday, September 7th. If a student registered for classes between July 15th and August 15th, and received an eBill on August 15th, the Due Date is September 1st. On September 2nd, students who have not paid their balance in full or enrolled in the X-Flex Payment Plan and made the first payment will be notified by email and/or a phone call that they are at risk of having their classes cancelled for the Fall semester. If you receive one of these emails or calls, pay your bill in full or enroll in the X-Flex Payment Plan ($50 enrollment fee per semester) and make your first payment. But if you aren't sure what to do, please contact the Bursar's Office at 513-745-3435 or email@example.com. On Wednesday, September 7, 2016, Xavier will cancel classes for those students who have not paid their balance in full or who have not enrolled in the X-Flex Payment Plan and didn't make their 1st payment that would have been due on September 1st.
If your classes do get cancelled, you can re-register once you pay your balance in full or enroll in the X-Flex Payment Plan and bring your payments up-to-date. However, you will not be guaranteed the original class schedule you had prior to being cancelled.
For answers to your questions, please contact visit the Frequently Asked Questions section of this website by clicking on the link below. The Bursar's Office can be reached by calling 513-745-3435 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To create a world of community by serving others with respect, honesty, and compassion.
Quick Facts About Us
- The Office of the Bursar is responsible for the assessment and collection of tuition and fees payable to Xavier University.
- Xavier does not produce and mail paper invoices for students. Electronic bills called eBills are published on or about the 15th of each month and have a due date of the 1st of each month.
- The Bursar's Office is located in the Musketeer Mezzanine which is located in Fenwick Place. Our office is along side the Registrar's Office, the Office of Residence Life, and the ALL Card Office.
- Financial aid refunds are issued through Higher One. » View more information.
- There is a $50.00 per semester enrollment fee to participate in the X-Flex Payment Plan. The Plan includes 4 payments for each of the Fall and Spring semesters and 3 payments for the Summer semester. Late fees will be assessed for payments that are not made on time. In addition, the Employer Reimbursement Plan is no longer available. More information on the X-Flex Payment Plan and Employer Reimbursement Plan can be found at the link called Payment Plans on the left of this web page.
- Each eBill reflects a Total Balance that is due. To find out how much is due by the due date which is the 1st of each month, review the payment schedule for your payment plan. If you aren't on a payment plan, then the Total Balance amount that is shown is due in full on the 1st. eBills are published on or about the 15th of each month and has a Due Date of the 1st of the next month.
- Xavier University has partnered with peerTransfer, now called Flywire, in order to streamline international payments. Flywire allows students from foreign countries to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in their home currency. By making their payment with they can:
- Track their payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates in over 48 countries
- Access multilingual support team with any questions, day or night
- To begin the payment process, students can visit Flywire. You can also learn more by visiting our international payments page. Note: You must have your Xavier University issued student ID number to make a payment.
Xavier University has partnered with CASHNet in providing our customers with eBills, Payment Plans, and secure Online Payments.
- Learn more about your eBill
- Learn how to pay for students and parents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Used Phone Numbers and Emails
- Phone: 513-745-3435
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 513-745-2926
- Building: Fenwick Place, Musketeer Mezzanine
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 5 PM