Student Employment Information
Maintenance/Review of Student Employment Accounts
Budget Office Expectations of Those Who Have Student Employees
- Funding for student employment must be obtained prior to hiring a student(s).
- The budget for the student activity should be reviewed monthly through FAS on-line. If you are responsible for the account in your area, check the detail information and the summary information on-line. If the detail information does not match the Xavier University Student Payroll Requisition form that you submitted, contact the payroll office for the changes.
- If you are not responsible for the fund/org(s) in your area, contact the individual who is and review it with them.
- Review the Student Employment Calculation sample for projecting expenses from present time through fiscal year.
To correct any student payroll expenses that have been charged to the wrong fund/org, you must do the following:
- Send a memo to the Career Services Center and to the Payroll Department with the student(s) name, their social security number(s), the amount of the activity or the date the charge is in effect.
- The fund/org the activity is being moved from and the fund/org the activity is being moved to.
- Any additional forms to be completed for permanent changes should be pursued with the Career Services Center.
Planning needs for next year: remember the increase in hourly pay.
YOU DO NOT USE AN INTERDEPARTMENTAL CHARGE FORM TO CORRECT PAYROLL EXPENSES