Financial Administrative System INB
How to Extract Information into Excel
- Go to the form from which you want to extract information. For instance, if you want to extract from FGIBAVL, key FGIBAVL from the main menu "Go To" line, or click on it from your My Banner Menu. When the form displays, be sure you are in the correct year, then key in the ORG you want to extract. Press enter and let the Fund default, then key in 601000 on the account line and click "Next Block". This populates the databox.
- Go to "Help" on the menu line.
- Go down to and click on "Extract Data No Key". When you are asked "Do you want to save or open the file?", choose OPEN.
- When the file opens, you must save the file as an Excel file by clicking on FILE and then on SAVE AS.
- A box opens where you can name the file, change the save as TYPE to EXCEL 97... file and tell Excel where you want to save it. After doing all three of those, click SAVE.
- Close the window with the file. Open Excel, click on FILE, OPEN, and choose the file you just saved from the list at the bottom of the menu.
- You can follow the same procedure and extract information from FGIBDST, FGIBSUM, and FGITRND also. If you are extracting to research a problem, you do not need to keep the extracted files. They will accumulate and use up disk space quickly. If you are extracting as a historical reference, say FGIBAVL as a monthly file, then you need to keep those files in a particular folder, and after a an amount of time, determined by you, delete those also.