All Biology and Natural Sciences majors complete senior research projects, either at Xavier or off-campus. Information about the various departmental research projects that include students can be found with the information for each faculty member:
- Willian Anyonge, paleobiology,
- Brent Blair, ecology,
- Lisa Close-Jacob, cardiophysiology,
- Dottie Engle, genetics,
- George Farnsworth, bird behavior,
- Chuck Grossman, manatee behavior,
- Mollie McIntosh, environmental science,
- Kathryn Morris, chemical ecology of plants,
- Waltke Paulding, physiology,
- Ann Ray, entomology,
- Jennifer Robbins, pathogenesis
Every spring students present their research in two on-campus events, the university-wide Celebration of Student Research, when students use posters to describe their research projects to other students and faculty from all disciplines, and the Department of Biology?s Senior Research Presentations when students give oral presentations of their research to younger students.
In addition, Xavier students have a strong history of participation in national conferences.