Xavier Frequently Asked Questions

Picture of Gallagher Student CenterApplications





How do I apply?

A free application is available online.

Is there an application fee?

There is no charge to apply online. There is a $35 fee to apply using the paper application.

Is there an application deadline?

No, we have a rolling admission policy.

How do I request my transcripts?

Send our Transcript Request Form to your high school and any college or university you attended. An official copy of the transcript will be sent directly to our office. If you choose to pick up a copy of your transcript, you must bring it to us in the sealed envelope that you received it in.

Does Xavier give credit for life experience?

Xavier gives credit for some military experience, the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy and other training programs as recommended by the American Council on Education.  See your advisor for details.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams are intended for adult learners who believe they have acquired knowledge through life experiences which would enable them to possibly test out of undergraduate courses. Students who have taken CLEP examinations may apply for college credit for this work. Xavier grants credit in a number of disciplines depending on the student's score on the appropriate CLEP examination. Students must arrange to have official test scores sent to Xavier University. Xavier's school code is 1965.

Will my GPA transfer?

Your previous GPA will not transfer, only the credit hours for any classes with a grade of C or better.

How do I schedule an appointment with an advisor?

Contact the Adult, Evening and Weekend Students office at (513) 745-3355. Phone and email advising is also available if that is more convenient for you. 

Where do I find the course schedules?

Course schedules are available online through the Registrar website and the MyXU portal

Where do I get my student ID card?

Once you are registered, you can go to the ALL Card Center located in the Musketeer Mezzanine in Fenwick Place. The ALL Card is your student ID. Contact the ALL Card Center for hours at 513-745-3374 or check their website.

Where can I get a parking permit?

Once you are a registered student, log on to your MyXU portal and go to the parking services channel on the student services tab. Once logged in, click on "Buy A Xavier Permit" and the permits available to you will be displayed. You may also login here.  For additional questions regarding parking, please click here.

How do I change my major?

Change of major forms are available in the Adult, Evening and Weekend Students office. See your advisor for details.

How do I change my address?

Change of address forms are available in the Adult, Evening and Weekend Students office or online

How do I change my schedule?

Changes to your schedule can be made online at the MyXU portal on the Student Services tab, under student services section, under registration. Click on add or drop classes and select the correct term. You can also change your schedule by filling out an add/drop form in the Adult, Evening and Weekend Students office. 

Where can I find tuition information?

The tuition and fees schedule can be found on the Bursar's office website.

When and how do I receive my bill?

Beginning with the August 2010 monthly invoice, students will receive an email message sent to their Xavier University email address. The email explains that the eBill is available to view and pay. Once students click on the link provided in the email and log in to their account, the eBill can be viewed. View Xavier's billing schedule so you know when to expect future eBills. Students can set up an authorized person to also receive eBills. For details visit the Bursar's office website.

Payment Plans

All registered students are required to enroll in a payment plan each semester. If you do not enroll, you will receive a weekly email reminding you to do so and a hold will be placed on your bursar account until the enrollment process (which takes only a minute or two) is completed.

To enroll in a payment plan, go to MyXU Portal, then to the Student Services tab and then to the My Academic Records channel and click on My Bursar Account. Visit the payment plan website to learn more.

What type of financial aid is available?

The FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid, must be completed in order to receive aid. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for further assistance at 513-745-3142.

Do you offer any scholarships or grants?

Yes. To be eligible for a part-time students only or weekend degree program grant:

  • Students must file the FAFSA.
  • After Xavier's Office of Financial Aid receives notice that the FAFSA has been filed, they will send a request, by email, to the student, asking for the student's enrollment plan. The enrollment plan indicates how many credit hours the student plans to take during each semester of the academic year. The student must return this enrollment plan to the Office of Financial Aid.

By taking these two steps, filling out a FAFSA and returning an enrollment plan to Financial Aid, Adult, Evening and Weekend Students) students will be considered for Adult, Evening and Weekend Students grants.

Full-time Adult, Evening and Weekend students are not eligible for the grants. Students must still fill out a FAFSA and enrollment plan to receive merit grants and need-based grants through the Office of Financial Aid.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Adult, Evening and Weekend Students office or your financial aid counselor.

Do you have an employee reimbursement program?

Yes, this plan is offered only to those students who are reimbursed by their employer for their tuition costs. Under this plan, a student does not have to make any tuition payments until January after the fall semester and June after the spring semester. For the summer, payment of tuition is due in September. Interest is charged on the balance monthly. Visit the Bursar's office website for more information.

What career services are available to me?

The Career Services Center provides career preparation services and resources for all Xavier students.

Where can I live?

Check out the links, Moving Off Campus 101, Commuter and Off Campus Resources and Available Off Campus Housing on the Commuter Services website

When should I apply for graduation?

You must fill out a graduation application early in the semester in which you will be graduating. The application and deadline dates to apply can be found online on the Registrar's Office website or in the Adult, Evening and Weekend Students office.