Meal Plan Exemption
Xavier University requires all students living in a residence hall to purchase a Meal Plan. The University, in unique circumstances, may exempt a student from the required meal plan for documented medical conditions or religious dietary observance. It should be noted that all documentation must be submitted according to the Exemption Application in order for a request to be considered for that semester.
The attached application is for student residents who fall under the requirement of the University governing meal plans and on-campus residency who would like to apply for an exemption from the Meal Plan. Please note that the meal plan exemption requests will only be considered for those who demonstrate critical need to be exempt from the meal plan and provide appropriate documentation. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain any and all required approvals or necessary documentation. Exemption requests along with all appropriate documentation must be received in the Office of Auxiliary Services, Fenwick Place, Musketeer Mezzanine within the first 10 days of class every semester, by 5pm.
Fall 2012 Meal Plan Exemption Requests
Completed Documentation and Exemption Application form in by August 30, 2012, 5pm.
Spring 2013 Meal Plan Exemption Requests
Completed Documentation and Exemption Application form in by January 17, 2013, 5pm.
- All applications will be reviewed within 5-7 business days; you will be notified of any missing documentation.
- If approved a meal plan refund will be issued provided there is no outstanding balance on your bill, in accordance with Bursar Operations' policies.
- Refunds will be prorated from the time the application is received for an exemption and are subject to a $25.00 administrative processing fee.
- The refund schedule is prorated from the time the application is received to the end of the semester, not from the beginning of the semester whether or not any meals have been eaten.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why am I required to be on a meal plan? After much consideration, the University and the Board of Trustees have deemed it beneficial for first year students to be on a Meal Plan for various reasons. The primary reasons are convenience and to promote the campus community for the students' first year on campus. Seventy-five percent of all universities across the country also have a mandatory meal plan for all students residing on campus.
- What are the Residential Meal Plan options?
Ultimate Muskie and $100 Dining Dollars
225 Block Plan and $100 Dining Dollars
14 Meal Plan and $100 Dining Dollars