Students in the athletic training major must:
1. Maintain a minimum of a 2.50 cumulative grade point average.
2. Maintain a minimum of a C grade in biology, and athletic training courses.
* If a student’s cumulative GPA drops below a 2.5 for the semester or 2.0 within the major, the following semester the student will be placed on probation and will have to give monthly grade reports to the ATEP Director. If the student is performing satisfactory in their courses, he/she will be allowed to continue with their clinical assignment. If the student is not performing well in their courses, he/she will be suspended from their clinical rotation until performance is satisfactory. If a student earns less than a C in an athletic training course, he/she must repeat the course the next time it is offered.
3. Maintain current American Red Cross & CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer credentials.
* Students are not allowed to participate in clinical experiences without current CPR & First Aid credentials. Students without current credentials will be suspended from all clinical experiences until this requirement is met.
4. Follow all ATEP Policies and Procedures
5. Receive satisfactory clinical evaluations
6. Have less than seven (7) infraction points
* If a student fails to satisfy specific criteria, they will be put on probation the following semester. If these criteria are not met or additional criteria are not met during that subsequent semester, the student may be expelled from the program.
Readmission to the Athletic Training
An individual who is expelled from the program must meet the following criteria for readmission:
1. If not enrolled in the University for at least two semesters, student must apply for readmission through the Office of the Registrar.
2. Earn a minimum of 2.75 grade point average for one semester.
3. Complete the application process to the Athletic Training program.