Undergraduate Core Curriculum Requirements
65 credit hours including:
- Mathematics: MATH 116 or 156 (Statistics) and one elective chosen from MATH 113-170.
- Science: take 11 hours from BIOL 140, 141, 142, 143; ATTR 386, 387.
- Social Sciences: PSYC 101; and one elective.
60 credit hours, as follows:
- 48 hours of athletic training courses required, take ATTR 143, 168, 267, 343-347, 405, 406, 410, 420, 425, 480, 485, and 492.
- 12 hours of clinical experience courses, take ATTR 200, 201, 300, 301, 400, 401.
- A minimum grade of "C" must be attained in each athletic training course. If a student earns lower than a grade of "C" in any athletic training course, it may be repeated once and must be taken at Xavier University.
- A minimum grade of "B" must be attained in each clinical experience course. If a student earns lower than a grade of "B" in any clinical experience course, it may be repeated once and must be taken at Xavier University.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all athletic training and clinical experience courses.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all science classes.
- Students must pass each of the required Clinical Integration Proficiencies.
- 1,000 supervised clinical experience hours.
- A code of ethical behavior and conduct has been developed to ensure professional behavior of all students enrolled in the Athletic Training program. The Program Director will review cumulative code infractions at the end of each academic semester. A student who exceeds the maximum cumulative infraction points will be deemed unprofessional and will not be permitted to continue in the program.
- Students must pass a departmental exam prior to taking the BOC exam.