The mission of Xavier University's Athletic Training Program (XU-ATP) is to prepare students to serve others through competent and compassionate health care. The program provides a positive learning environment that fosters ethical decision-making, collaboration, and curiosity that leads to life-long learning. The program, housed within the Department of Sport Studies, merges a rigorous academic discipline with a variety of practical clinical experiences to build a strong foundation for a career in the field of athletic training.
- To provide a rigorous academic program that emphasizes professional integrity and promotes ethical standards of practice.
- To provide an athletic training education program for students desiring BOC Certification.
- To provide a progressively challenging educational experience that combines didactic instruction and clinical experiences, that promotes mastery of competencies and clinical proficiencies.
- To provide students the opportunity to develop their skills in a variety of clinical settings and with a variety of athletes.
- To place students in supervised situations which encourage critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- To expose the athletic training student to other allied health professionals of the athletic health care team both in the classroom and in the clinical settings.