ATEP Appeals Process for Students Denied Admission
Students not accepted into the XU-ATEP have the right to appeal the decision. It is anticipated that admission to the program by this route will be rare except in extenuating circumstances.
Students who are denied admission to the XU-ATEP may appeal the decision in the following steps:
- Submit a letter of appeal to the ATEP Director. This letter should detail how the student believes he/she has met the appropriate criteria. The letter must be submitted no later than 2 weeks following the denial.
- The letter of appeal will be reviewed by the Appeals Committee which will include the ATEP Director, the Clinical Coordinator, and the Chair of the Sports Studies Department.
- The student may request a meeting with the Appeals Committee to discuss the student's concerns about admission denial.
- The Appeals Committee will submit a written document to the student regarding the decision on the student's status.
- All Appeals Committee decisions remain confidential and final.