Academic Assessment and Planning Committee Charge
The Academic Assessment and Planning Committee:
- Deliberates and makes recommendations to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs on Academic Affairs' assessment goals, objectives and projects.
- Recommends major survey projects.
- Recommends outcomes measures to be monitored for division-wide assessment projects.
- Recommends targets to reach on measures monitored.
- Makes recommendations concerning the allocation of assessment budget to special projects or studies.
- Makes recommendations to the appropriate administrators for improvements in existing processes and practices in areas not making progress toward an ongoing assessment and planning process.
- Makes recommendations to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs concerning faculty and staff development activities helpful to achieving a systematic, ongoing assessment and planning process.
- Reviews and makes recommendations concerning the appropriate dissemination of assessment activities and results to ensure and facilitate the use of the information in planning and resource allocation.
- Monitors the Division of Academic Affairs' progress in linking assessment, planning, and resource allocation.
- Receives annual reports from the Deans and Associate Provost for Academic Affairs on planning initiatives.
- Reviews annual reports from departments on assessment activities for degree programs.
- Receives and reviews assessment results from the Office of Institutional Research.
- Reviews recommendations from the Board of Undergraduate Studies regarding assessment of the core curriculum.
- Reports annually to the Academic Vice President and the Faculty Committee concerning progress in the assessment initiative. Draws attention to breakdowns in the assessment, planning and resource allocation process.