Harassment of an Employee by a Contractor or a Xavier Employee
- An employee may call the Xavier Advocate Hotline at 513 872-9259 and request an advocate to report a harassment incident. You will need to advise them that you are not a student and leave your name and phone number. An advocate will call within the next business day. Or, you may choose an advocate from the Faculty/Staff Advocate list. The advocate will meet with you at a convenient time and place.
- The advocate will set up an appointment with human resources within three business days to hear the complaint. Every effort will be made to meet immediately, but that will depend on all parties being available.
- The advocate will be present at the meeting with human resources and continue to support you through the total process.
- At the meeting with human resources, all of the official options that the employee has will be explained.
- If the employee wants a formal or informal procedure to be initiated, human resources will meet with the employee/contractor who has been charged with harassment within 10 days of taking the complaint. The complainant will be notified as to when this meeting will take place.
- Human resources will notify the complainant of the outcome of this process.
There should be no contact with the complainant by the responder without an official of Xavier University present. Any form or retaliation will not be tolerated--action will be taken.
The above information is also available in a flow chart.