- Actuaries in Action: Why it's rated the number one profession
- D.L. Hughley asks, "What the hell is an actuary?"
- Actuary Salary Survey
- Society of Actuaries (contains exam registration information)
- Casualty Actuarial Society
- Actuarial Science Club at Xavier University
For a list of organizations that award scholarships for students studying actuarial science, click here.
Summer 2013 Internships Announcements
- Allstate (Deadline: ASAP)
Allstate?s actuarial internships offer a variety of independent projects, daily coaching and interaction with experienced professionals in a dynamic team environment. Features such as a comprehensive training program and an established mentoring initiative ensure that interns finish the summer prepared and invigorated for their future career.
- Cigna (Deadline: ASAP)
- Federal Reserve (Deadline: April 1)
The Divisions of Research and Statistics and Monetary Affairs offer summer paid and unpaid project internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Internships last ten to twelve weeks and while at the Board, interns are assigned to particular research projects.
These positions are available to students majoring in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, or computer science. Internship selections are based solely on academic records and references and interviews are conducted by phone.
The Board gives preference in hiring to qualified U.S. citizens and nationals. Therefore, applicants for project internship positions must be U.S. citizens or nationals.
- Fidelity Investments (Deadline: ASAP)
- Geico (Deadline: April 1)
- Liberty Mutual Insurance (Deadline: ASAP)
- Mercer (Deadline: varying)
Mercer internships are typically available to students entering their junior or senior year, but some opportunities may also exist for rising sophomores. To be considered for an internship with Mercer, you must be a currently enrolled students of a bachelor?s or master?s degree program. If you have completed your degree, please consider Mercer?s other available career opportunities.
- Mutual of Omaha (Deadline: ASAP)
- Progressive (Deadline: ASAP)
- Prudential (Deadline: ASAP)
- State Farm (Deadline: ASAP)
- Towers Watson (Deadline: ASAP)
- Westfield Insurance (Deadline: ASAP)