The annual Academic Forum for freshmen and new transfers in our three colleges will take place on Monday, October 20, 2008 during the Commons Hour from 1:30-2:00 p.m.
October 20, 1:30-2:00 p.m., Locations:
- College of Arts & Sciences - Cintas Center Arena
- College of Social Sciences, Health, & Education - Gallagher Theater
- Williams College of Business - Kelley Auditorium (Alter Hall)
Information to prepare students for priority registration will be presented. All freshmen and new transfers are required to attend. Students in the College of Arts and Sciences will assemble in the Cintas Center arena; students in the College of Social Sciences, Health & Education will assemble in the Gallagher Theater; and students in the Williams College of Business will assemble in Kelley Auditorium.
At 2:05 p.m., students will proceed to the Cintas Center Concourse to attend the newly expanded Career and Majors Exploration Fair conducted by faculty representatives from every academic department.
Career and Major Exploration Fair
October 20, 2:00-4:00, Cintas Center Concourse
Set sail for your future! The Career and Majors Exploration Fair will be in the Cintas Center Concourse from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Students will have the opportunity to speak with faculty about majors, including curriculum requirements, identifying potential careers, and whether graduate or professional studies are required for these careers. Information on the current and future states of the job market may also be provided. This event will be particularly beneficial to students undecided on a major, those considering a major change, and/or students wishing to add a minor. In addition to majors and minors, information on study abroad opportunities will also be available.
There will be a raffle with a chance to win Xavier gear, bookstore gift cards, and more!
So You're Undecided on a Major or Career...Now What?
October 16, 1:00-2:00, McDonald Library 1st floor, Learning Studio (CTE Classroom)
Presented by the Academic Advising Center and the Career Services Center, this workshop will help you determine the steps necessary to select a major/career. University policies and departments that can help will also be discussed. This is an excellent way to prepare for the Academic Forum and Career and Majors Exploration Fair on October 20.
Important Information for Students
- Xavier University Majors and Minors - A complete listing of the University's programs
- Xavier University Core Curriculum - An outline of the opportunities for liberal arts education
- Academic Advising - Find your individual academic advisor
- Career Services Center - Check out the Careers In... series and other programs for all students
- Student Success and Retention
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Social Sciences, Health, & Education
- Williams College of Business